Thursday, January 31, 2008

Beaded Spiraling studies

It started with this pattern in a past Bead and Button...I wish I could remember the dates to give proper credit.... Normally I don't do the "super complex" looking patterns in the magazines, as I usually appreciate the originals too much to spend all that time on a piece that will sit in my box collecting dust. But this one....the "ruffling" on the edges caught my eye and wouldn't let go. I had to try it.
So of course, I swaped up the recommended beads a bit, but still like the overall look. Such a simple but effective design to add interest to a netted piece.
Though, if you click on it, you can pick out the cat fur that found it's way into the picture....*sigh*




This is what I messed around with after learning that spiraliling technique....and some beaded beads thrown in for good measure.....

Also, those were the last 3 glass drops I had gotten several years a go to make a fairy necklace....might see if I can find that picture around here.....


3 comments:

Aka "George" said...

The braclet is beautiful. Nice Work. Georgeanna

Ritual said...

aww, thank you!

Unknown said...

This work is also very beautiful and original! I like it very much!
Congratulate!!!:)