Monday, March 24, 2008

Random Beadwork

Another beadwork piece from the past. A bit of freeform peyote and netting to form an organic looking cuff bracelet. I do love to do freeform work, but I have issues with my tension. If I'm not paying attention, I tend to pull things way too tight. Most of my freeform pieces end up standing up by themselves.


And one of my early, early beaded spiral lariats. Somehow, this piece has followed me through several life changes and moves across states and has survived for years intact. I never wear it. It just gets tossed from one box to the next.

3 comments:

The Lone Beader® said...

The bracelet is funky! I like it! :D

Unknown said...

i love the lariat, you should wear it :-)

Smadar's Treasure said...

They are both very beautiful.
I like the way you used the two techniques - it looks very interesting! I love the colors, too :)

Smadar