Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Gia - Beaded Tree


This is Gia.
I have a love of willow trees, if you can't tell by now.
Gia was made a few years ago, but was such a pain in the neck to make that I can't let her go just yet.
The yellow "fronds" were brown when I started beading her....but have faded over time but is still enjoyable to look at.
She has runes beaded into her trunk. She is a mix of a lot of different beadweaving types. Peyote trunk, herringbone branches, and fringe fronds.
I learned that while branches may look nice...the fringe kept catching on what was done before.

2 comments:

Micki said...

This piece is awesome! Your work is really fantastic. You have some beautiful necklaces and love the goddess you made for your mother.

The Lone Beader® said...

I love our beaded tree with the face. So beautiful!!! How long did it take you to make this?? :D