Sunday, February 17, 2008

Harpy Lady Beaded Doll



I guess you would call her my signature piece to date.....

She started out as an idea to enter a Guardian Angel contest a quilting magazine was having, but grew too ambicious for the alotted time.

Black quilter's cotten with grey swirls was used to make her body. I gave her a wired armature, with the intention of making her posable, but by the time I had finished beading her legs, her hip joint broke. So I set her into a kneeling pose.
Black polymer clay face from the Sculpty Art Doll mold, dusted with a few different shades of pigment powders.

Her hair is a black chinel yarn, and her thighs are wrapped in soft eyelash yarn.
Her wings are done in two different types of feather trim, and are still quite poseable.

If you could stand her up, she would be about 15" tall.


6 comments:

Dianne said...

She is amazing! I love her pose, and all that beading - wow!! Her wings are perfect....

Smadar's Treasure said...

Another fantastic doll! she's beautiful!

You are on my blog today - You Make My Day award :)

Smadar

Ritual said...

Aww, thanks Dianne!

Ritual said...

Oh wow! thank you Samdar!

Stacy Hurt said...

Oh man this is a gorgeous piece of work! Great job!!!

Micki said...

She is simply beautiful. I really am in awe of your work.