Sunday, February 24, 2008

New Bead Class Project - Mandella Medallion


There is a local-ish shop that I teach the advanced classes on beading just about every Saturday. The owner is really nice and the regulars there are ready to lend a hand whenever you need one.


I'm writting this beaded medallion up to be a new class for the next schedual. Pretty simple, quick design, but has crystals in it. One of the things we've noticed is that people will sign up more for the projects that have crystals in them. Personally, I'm beginning to feel that crystals are being over used, and I tend to stay away from them as the focus of my designs....most of the time =)


Plus, people tend to like doing projects that they can finish in one class setting. Unfortunatly, most of the classes I teach take longer than the 3 hours per class to finish a project, as I try to focus on the technique oover a finished piece. And we lost one of intermediate teachers for a little bit, so I'm covering some of her classes. I'm having a blast, plus it gets me out of the house.






A color variation for the samples for the class.





No pay, but the owner lets us take other classes for free. Last week I got to take a Russian Snake class. It's one of the few weaves I hadn't gotten around to learning and it's a pretty neat one. I have to figure out a varaition to use it for...though, it's rather pretty on it's own.... hard to take a nice photograph of it.

No comments: